Hurricane Response Message from Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
Post- Idalia Information
September 3, 2023
All of us at Citizens hope you and your family are safe and that any damage your property may have experienced is minimal. Citizens is ready to assist you in helping your customers with the aftermath of Idalia.
Catastrophe Response Centers
Citizens has deployed our mobile Catastrophe Response Centers (CRCs) to impacted areas in Taylor and Levy Counties to provide in-person service to our policyholders who may be cut off from their usual means of communication.
Operating hours are 9 a.m. - 5 p.m in Taylor County and 1 - 5 p.m. in Levy County. Citizens' CRC staff will:
- Process first notices of loss (FNOLs)
- Make advance payments for additional living expenses, when warranted
- Answer questions and offer general assistance
Winn Dixie Parking Lot
2057 South Byron Butler Parkway
Perry, FL 32348
Suwannee River Fair
17851 90 Avenue
Fanning Springs, FL 32693
This information also will be posted on our Hurricanes webpage.
As Idalia may prompt calls from reporters wanting to know about Citizens’ catastrophe response, we remind agents and all representatives of Citizens that all questions from any person representing the media must be referred to Michael Peltier, Media Relations Manager, who will coordinate any interviews or official responses. Refer all questions from any person representing the media to Peltier by:
Claims and Loss Reporting
Advise policyholders to report a loss to Citizens 24/7 using one of these convenient options:
- Access myPolicy, Citizens’ online policyholder self-service tool, on their computer or mobile device.
- Assist your Citizens customers by reporting FNOLs in PolicyCenter®. Use the job aid for filing FNOLs. Once the claim is filed, a claims representative will call the policyholder with the adjuster’s contact information.
- Call Citizens’ toll-free at 866.411.2742.
Ensure your impacted HO-3, HO-6 and DP-3 policyholders are aware of two important policy provisions that require them to:
- Take reasonable emergency measures for the sole purpose of protecting the covered property from further damage when experiencing a loss.
- Give prompt loss notice to Citizens. Except for the policy provisions regarding reasonable emergency measures, there may be no coverage for permanent repairs that begin before one of the following occurs:
- 72 hours after the loss is reported to Citizens
- The loss is inspected by Citizens
- Verbal or written approval is provided by Citizens
Communication to Policyholders
Citizens will email policyholders in the storm-affected area with information about CRCs and claims reporting. If necessary, we’ll also send storm- and claims-related texts.
- Electronic Claim Payments
Citizens now offers eligible Personal Lines policyholders an electronic claim payment option only at CRCs via their U.S. bank account for Additional Living Expenses coverage.
To be eligible for an electronic claim payment, the recipient must:
- Be the named insured and/or additional named insured(s) on a Personal Lines policy
- Have a valid email account and/or U.S. mobile phone number
CRC staff can help policyholders with this option.
myPolicy and Paperless Delivery
Citizens encourages first-named insureds with a valid email address on file with Citizens to register and/or activate their myPolicy account. Policyholders with active accounts who have also opted-in to Paperless Delivery can:
- Report and view claims.
- Make payments online.
- Access policy and billing documents.
With paperless delivery, Personal Lines policyholders can:
- Get faster, secure access to policy documents and information anywhere with internet access.
- Receive early notice of when payments are due.
- Reduce the risk of mail fraud.
- Receive email notifications when new policy documents and billing invoices are available in lieu of mailed documents.
Note: Some links require logging in to the Agents site to access:
- Submitting a First Notice of Loss job aid
- myPolicy Overview for Agents job aid
- Hurricanes webpage
- Catastrophe Claims webpage
- Book of Business request via myAgency
Note: Must be requested by the agency principal or designee.
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Personal Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes and Sub-Loss Causes for a First Notice of Loss (FNOL) job aid
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Commercial Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes with Dependent Sub-Loss Causes job aid
If you have questions or need additional support, contact Citizens via:
- Phone: 888.685.1555, weekdays, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Email: the Contact Us webpage on the Agents website