Health Insurance Coverage
Navigate the confusing world of health insurance with help from an independent agent.
A healthy body is a happy body, and there’s no better way to preserve you and your family’s health than with a health insurance policy from Cornerstone Insurance Group.
Let’s face it, medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without health insurance coverage you could end up paying off medical bills for the rest of your life.
Cornerstone Insurance Group can help you find an affordable healthcare plan that’s right for you. Call (352) 498-0865 and talk with one of our friendly agents today to learn more.
Major Types of Health Coverage
There are basically four major types of health insurance policies for Texas residents to choose from EPO, HMO, POS, and PPO.
These health insurance plans help cover your medical, surgical, and hospital expenses. They may even cover dental expenses, mental health services, and prescription drugs, depending on the coverage you choose.
- Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO): A managed care plan where services are covered only if you use doctors, specialists, or hospitals in the plan’s network (except in an emergency).
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): A type of health insurance plan that usually limits coverage to care from doctors who work for or contract with the HMO. It generally won’t cover out-of-network care except in an emergency. An HMO may require you to live or work in its service area to be eligible for coverage. HMOs often provide integrated care and focus on prevention and wellness.
- Point of Service (POS): A point-of-service plan (POS) combines features of both HMO and PPO managed care plans. It requires participants to choose an in-network physician as their primary care provider, similar to an HMO. However, like a PPO, patients are also allowed to seek healthcare services outside of the provider network, but they will be responsible for a substantial portion of the cost, unless their primary care provider has referred them to an out-of-network provider, in which case the medical plan will cover the expenses.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): A type of health plan where you pay less if you use providers in the plan’s network. You can use doctors, hospitals, and providers outside of the network without a referral for an additional cost.
Common Health Insurance Terms
When discussing health insurance with your agent, it helps to understand some of the common terms you’ll run into. Below you’ll find definitions to some of the most common health insurance terms.
- Deductible — the amount of money you pay toward medical bills before your insurance coverage begins.
- Co-pay — a specified amount of money you pay upfront for doctor visits and prescription refills.
- Co-insurance — the percentage of medical bills you pay after meeting the deductible.
To learn more about health insurance, call Cornerstone Insurance Group at (352) 498-0865 and talk with one of our agents today. We’re ready to guide you toward a more secure future.
We're Here To Help!
It can seem complicated and confusing when choosing the best plan for your needs. Fill out the form below and we'll contact you to discuss all your available options.